Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- develop the creative, innovative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world
- build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users
- critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others
- To develop knowledge about food production, seasonality and nutrition and learn how to prepare dishes.
At Cleeve we aim to enthuse and inspire children to explore technology and solve real life problems (including nutrition) by developing their practical, creative and analytical skills.
Subject Specific Information
- Year groups include Design and Technology in their long term, medium term and short term plans. Where possible, Design Technology is taught alongside topics.
- Monitoring of the subject will include informal observations, collection of work, data analysis as well as teacher and pupil interviews.
- Children have the opportunity to take part in after school clubs.
- Yearly DT competitions take place.
- DT is assessed on FLiC.