Our aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
- learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument, use technology appropriately and have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
- understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
At Cleeve our aim is to ensure that music is fully embedded in every aspect of school life and our aspiration is that every child adopts a lifelong love of music.
Subject Specific Information
- Music will be taught along with a music specialist who will spend one hour each week for half a term with each year group. This will be used to develop the children’s skills as well as CPD for the staff. Children will all have the opportunity to perform to parents.
- Throughout the rest of the year teachers will be required to teach music within each of their topics.
- Afternoon groups will be set up for more able musicians to further develop their skills.
- Once a week on a lunchtime children in KS2 will be able to join the choir. They will develop their singing skills as well as perform to an audience.
- Music is assessed through FLIC.